Saturday 1 October 2022

I started heavy spotting after my periods

 

Effects of ordinary contraceptive pills

 
Message*: Hi. I started taking the contraceptive pill in January this year after 12 years. I started heavy spotting after my periods and i discontinued. Then i resumed the pill (microgynon) in May and i again started spotting. This month i am also spotting one and a half weeks after my periods. I don't want to discontinue the pill as i don't want to get pregnant. I became sexually active in January this year after a 12 year break. I am 40 years. Kindly advice me on what meds to take to stop the spotting.

 ANSWER 

 Irregular spotting is a harmless and common side effect in ordinary pills users, especially during the first three months. Ordinary pills are not very advisable to a 40 year old woman. meanwhile take;800 mg ibuprofen three times a day for five days ( if you are not allergic to ibuprofen or have any reaction to it ) to lower the bleeding. if symptoms persist seek medical attention. On the sidelines consider injectables or implants or IUCD they are alo afe for your age.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any kind of comment is welcomed but for back link if requested the better otherwise it may be removed by admin